The Mosque At Ground Zero – Peaceful Islam, Indeed
Another popular item in the news these days is the Ground Zero Mosque. Certainly, you’ve heard about it.
You haven’t? Then you’ve been living under a rock for the past several months, or just avoid the news like the plague. Let me bring you up to speed.
An Arab-American Imam, Feisal Abdul Rauf, has paid over $4.8 Million for a plot of land near Ground Zero in Manhattan, upon which he plans to build a Muslim “community center.” Rauf has a golden reputation among supporters of Islam. (Just read about him here.) The community center is estimated to cost $100 Million.
It’s a community center, right? That’s not a mosque! What’s the problem? Rauf himself says it’s not a mosque (NY Daily News), and he must know what he’s talking about. (That’s the man in his own words! Doesn’t he sound pious?) It just includes a space for Muslim prayer. Completely innocuous. Problem: Daisy Khan, executive director of the American Society for Muslim Advancement, says the center will include a mosque for up to 1,500 worshipers (ABC News).
I don’t know about you, but I think the idea of a mosque being built right next to where the World Trade Center once stood is beyond a slap in the face; it’s an open call to culture war. Of course, the liberal media completely misses the point (Newsweek). It’s just bigotry that we don’t want a mosque there. Bigotry! Never mind many of the families of 9/11 victims feel betrayed and incensed. What do they matter? They’re just stupid, American racists (I’m sure they’re all white). Like anyone who doesn’t buy the Obama agenda or the creeping sharia taking over the Western World.
But, for the sake of argument, let’s say Newsweek is right. Let’s say this is a completely peaceful gesture by a leading supporter of Muslim-American unity, and that anyone who is against it is an godless atheist (incidentally, why is “atheist” a good thing when liberals use it of themselves, but a negative when they use it of anyone else?).
Then, of course, it would be completely shameful of me to mention:
- In his 2004 book, “What’s Right With Islam,” Rauf states that the US is “sharia compliant.” Sharia is, of course, Islamic law. Rauf writes: “For America to score even higher on the ‘Islamic’ or ‘Sharia’ compliance scale, America would need to do two things: invite the voices of all religions to join the dialogue in shaping the nation’s practical life, and allow religious communities more leeway to judge among themselves according to their own laws.” Emphasis mine. (Source: Fox News – Hannity) Basically, Rauf would like Muslims to be able to govern themselves, apart from our courts and our legal system. Sorry, not going to happen. First amendment, anyone? Oh yeah. That’s right. Separation of church and state only applies to Christianity in Obamamerica. Silly me.
- In Malaysia, “What’s Right With Islam” had an alternate title: A Call to Prayer from the WTC Rubble: Islamic Da’wah from the Heart of America Post 911.
- Rauf has close ties to Malaysia. He even has offices there.
- Some claim Da’wah, a call to a proselytizing of Islam, directly precedes Jihad.
- Rauf largely blames the US for the 9/11 attacks and says “…Osama bin Laden is made in the USA.” (Discoverthenetworks.org)
- Oh, did I say Rauf wants only Muslims to follow Sharia? Not quite. “In December 2007 Rauf promoted What’s Right with Islam at a Malaysia gathering of Hizb ut Tahrir, which seeks to impose sharia on the United States and other countries worldwide.” (Discoverthenetworks.org)
- Rauf’s father has ties to the Muslim Brotherhood. Among its values, the MB is: “dedicated to eliminating and destroying western civilization from within and sabotaging its miserable house.” (Source: Fox News – Hannity)
- Rauf’s mosque/non-mosque will be dedicated on the 10th anniversary of … 9/11. (Source: New York Post)
So, now that the “peaceful” intentions of Feisal Abdul Rauf have been, ahem, explored, what about Islam itself?
If you believe the novel “The Kite Runner,” Afghanistan used to be a fairly moderate country, until the Taliban took over. Now, it’s a mad house.
In fact, every place Islam takes hold – peacefully – radical Islam is soon to follow. Women are subjugated. The native culture is disrespected and Sharia is slowly implemented.
Here are some recent examples:
- In 2008, UK police apologized to a Muslim group after they complained that a postcard advertising a new non-emergency number was offensive to Muslims. Problem? It showed a puppy.
- A student group, headed by a Muslim, protested Trinity University for use of “In the Year of our Lord” on its diplomas. Trinity is a private, Christian-founded University. (Source: Big Journalism)
- Just today, Muslims opened fire on a grocery store in Russia, because it sold liquor. (Source: Bare Naked Islam)
- On May 20th, Muslims worldwide protested “Everybody Draw Mohammad Day,” despite the fact the day was itself a protest of the threats of violence against the media worldwide who didn’t subjugate their freedoms of speech and the press to the beliefs of Islam. (Source: Everybody on the Internet)
- Oh, heck. Just read Creeping Sharia.
Liberals balk at the idea that America is a Christian country. Fine. Have it your way. But why do Obama and our federal government seek to make peace with a religion that is: killing our citizens and our soldiers, and seeking to take over the world with its Dark Age beliefs?
No Sharia in the USA. Not now, not ever! Say “No!” to the Ground Zero Mosque.
UPDATE: Friday, May 28th:
If you feel strongly about this issue, please use the social networking buttons at the top of this post to share it on your favorite networking site (Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, etc.)
Also, contact the NYC City Council to voice your opinion.
Contact the office of Mayor Bloomberg.